This is among everyone’s favorite recipes, mainly because it is easy and quick to make. The best quality is that you can buy readymade puff pastry to save precious time.
- 1 lb puff pastry
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Tiny amounts of egg white
- 2/3 cups raspberry or strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 400F and put two large sheets with silicone mats.
- Take half of puff pastry and roll it into a thin inch square. Carefully spread 1/3 of strawberry jam over the rolled pastry. Make sure the jam layer is thin. Now, repeat the same process with the other half of the puff pastry.
- Now very carefully put the second puff pastry, jam side down, over the first one. Make sure you do it carefully and put it in the correct position.
- Trim the edges with the help of a pizza wheel. Now, cut the sandwiched pastry into your desired sized strips. However, make sure the strips are not too big, as they may affect the baking time.
- Using a knife, cut a slit in the middle of each strip leaving around an inch uncut at each end.
- Now, very carefully put one short end into the slit, and then the other in the same way in opposite direction. Now that you are done, put the cookies onto the cookie sheet after covering the corners with a little amount of egg white.
- Put cookies a little away from each other as they will get bigger when baked. Bake for around 25 minutes and your cookies are ready to enjoy.
Hint: If the puff pastry gets too soft at any point, put it a freezer for a few minutes.